Mama Chameleon

Thursday, August 14, 2008



Hope This Old Dog Can Learn New Tricks..... As Well As Any Old Ones She Might Have Had In Her Repertoire!



(Yup, I am ignoring the fact that my last post was a shameful 3 months ago, and diving right back on in. :))
This morning, Topsy and I cheerily headed to our traditional Thursday morning destination: Questacon. It is a wonderland of sorts, where kids of all ages (0-99) can get their hands on science- literally. Topsy loves all the fun things he can do there so it is our weekly thing. The highlight is going to Science Time, a half hour interactive program for small kids run by Topsy's much adored BJ. She is always dressed as a clown, just without the face paint; her face is bright and animated, her voice makes you feel like you have been given a great warm hug. All the kids love her.


Well as we entered Questacon, we saw BJ waving wildly at us, sans clown suit. She was instead dolled up in a flight attendant outfit!


It turns out that someone else would be doing her Science Time gig, as she was getting ready to do a different show a little later on, showing kids how planes get up in the air!


So, after we learned all about science at home and played with all sorts of amazing things, including Musical Coathangers at Science Time, we popped in to see BJ's show.


Topsy would not even look at her at first, his hands firmly covered his eyes; BJ's clothes were unfamiliar, and her voice was so different ( she is an actor after all!) to her normal 'BJ' voice.


But finally BJ managed to get him to drop the hands, and she even coaxed him up onto the stage to be....... (drum roll!)







......Isaac Newton. ( of course!) :)



In other news:
In the holidays, the principal of the kids school asked me to hand in my CV so I could start to do casual teaching on the days that Topsy is at preschool there. Since then I have spent hours and not a small amount of dough, getting myself ready to be a casual teacher of the highest calibre!!! I am deadly serious. I have seen getting prepared to teach as kind of as a part time job in itself. I have had a lot of fun doing it.
But the principal took me aside yesterday to sadly let me know that I am actually unemployable. I am a three year trained teacher, but now they have to be four year trained! Argghh! The school who emplyed me last year must have been just a little bit naughty.......
So I have made some queries, and it looks like I will be a student again. That way by the time Topsy is at school, I will be able to get work a couple days a week.
But, get this. I am actually working at the kids school tomorrow . ot in the classroom.....I will be manning the front desk. Gulp. Should be fun, though. The principal is full of great ideas of how I can work at the school while I get my degree updated. She wants me to be involved in puppetry with the Year 7 students, along with another (read: Qualified) teacher. Puppetry is a real interest of mine, so it sounds like a lot of fun.
The kidlets are all well, and house hunting will soon begin in earnest.

I am hoping to get back into the swing of blogging and commenting. Missed you all.





Posted by michelle :: 10:38 pm :: 5 comments links to this post

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------