Mama Chameleon

Monday, March 20, 2006

Thick Skinned and Happy!

On a Sunday I always wander down and have a cuppa with the parishoners who have attended the 8:00am service next door (we go to the 10:00 service). Yesterday I was chatting to an older lady who has only been a couple of times, and trying to make her feel welcome.

Being thirsty myself, I enquired as to whether she would like a cup of something and a biscuit.

"No thankyou, I am too big already!" she said, shaking her head vigourously.

I looked at her in mild disbelief. In my mind she is a skinny little bean!
"You are Tiny!", I exclaimed.
"No I am a size 12, and only sometimes a size 10." she insisted. ( to give the overseas readers an idea, I have only managed a size 8 once in my adult life, and that was my wedding dress, and I was about 50 kg. One sees very few size 8s, and a 10 is pretty miniscule as well.)

"See", I confirmed. "You are tiny."

She looked me up and down. "And what size are you dear?"

After admitting that I am a size 14, I earnestly told her about recently looking at pictures of when I was much smaller (size-wise). And I recollected that I never appreciated my slenderness when I had it. In fact I was very unhappy and insecure about myself. To conclude, I breezily expressed how happy I am with my shape and size now. I am very comfortable and confident in my skin.

"Ah yes," she nodded sagely. "As they say, "Fat and Happy!"

! ! ! ! ! ! !

I AM NOT FAT!!

I AM NOT EVEN CUDDLY!!

DO NOT CALL ME 'VOLUPTUOUS'

I AM CURVY!!!
( though as I say the word aloud, it almost sounds like an STD!)

Posted by michelle :: 12:18 pm :: 6 comments links to this post

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------