I had big plans to post all about our trip to Sydney, and I will post a few of the pics and some vidoe footage, but it is a bit of an anticlimax being so many days after the trip. You see, we came home with 3 days left of our holidays, and fell sick, the lot of us (bar Hubby!). So the past 10 days have been consumed with trying to recover. The kids missed the first two days back at school. Then they all went back on Wednesday, only to have Roly and spindles stay home Thursday with hacking coughs. Actually as I write this, Diva is asleep on Hubby's side of our bed (he is away on a conference) with a vomit bucket next to her. She hasn't used it yet, but has felt sick all night. And little Topsy has been awake though wanting to be in his bed, on and off for the last two hours (it is 10:45!!!) He just s wants a drink of water, his blanket up near his chin, and his Andrew Lloyd Webber CD started up again. His nose is streaming, his cough is really fluidy and congested! His nose has been runny for about 9 weeks now! Seriously it has! The doc says he can't do anything for him cause it is viral! Grrrr. We are much better than we were this time last week though so that is something!!!
So I'll start with the present and work backwards! This holidays, diva and I painted her room pink. It used to be this color:
And now, voila:
We also had a wee helper, who helped with the second coat of paint when Diva was at school!
His little 'umm hmmms' indicate that he is very happy! Oh and there was not a lot of paint on his roller at the time!! heehee!
And today, I got into the boys' room and gave it a real going over. Most of my blog buddies are Super Neat, but I have hoarded all my life, and have not inherited one little ounce of my mother's good house cleaning genes! spindles and Roly are both pack rats,and hate to say farewell to any of their possessions, even dearly belovedold shoes that do not fit any longer!! so i got into their room, and got two massive garbage bags worth of clothes, two smaller bags of toys, and three recycling bags worth of books that the boys haven't played with for years! All have been donated to the Salvation army. 3 huge garbage bags of rubbish also walked out their door. This may not look neat to you, but for my boys' room....WOW!!!
Their room is quite tiny, so the bunks/desk beds are to save on space. Did you notice how both boys have hangers and hooks hanging off the underside of the bunks? Weird! and the joyous thing, was that Spindles who is a real saver, was reunited with his $40 birthday money missing from nearly two years ago! Whjere was it? Stuck in a book in his bookshelf! Boy was I popular!
Ok, I also mentioned ages ago now about Roly's coming of age. Well, he will be doing a range of tasks to make his rite of passage into being in his 13th year! I havd planned to make a bit of headway with finetuning the ideas this week, but not feeling a 100% interfereed with that, so here is a general and certainly not finalized list.
2. start a job for money- saving (go and chat to someone who is a good saver) 3. acting lessons 4. suvivor skills 5. do the prep for taking communion 6. Bible memory (fruits of the spirit, Phillipians 4:6,7? Any suggestions?) 7. set up a quiet-time plan 8. cycle to Tamworth (14 km bike ride) 9. served a two course dinner for guests at our home 10. volunteer at the local soup kitchen 11. Geocaching adventures with GPS system
As for number 1, well that is the most important one. Family. Bringing together his extended family, and having their input into his life at this crucial age. I have added the whole summary or very loose plan for his interaction with each of his parents, grandparents, aunties and uncles, so feel free to skip this bit. But the idea is for him to bond with each one, and glean from their wisdom, especially the men. (their will be a special time with siblings too, but not concrete yet!!) Where it says' strand of string', the idea is that he gets a strand of material from each family member that will be woven together as a friendship bracelet on his 13 th birthday (the end of his 12 tasks) to serve as a reminder of the people who love him unconditionally and pray for him the most!
1. Family component 1. 2 night trip with Dad -talk about Bodie’s interests and Dad helps Bodie come up with goals to set to accomplish his and fulfil his dreams Bodie asks Dad questions about growing up -Dad shares what he wants and prays for Bodie -campfire talk -a strand of string
2. overnight with Grandad -make something together or do a task -Bodie asks Grandad questions about growing up -testimony and being a Christian husband and father. -Grandad shares what he wants and prays for Bodie -campfire talk -a strand of string
3. day with Granny -make something together or do a task -Granny teaches him to cook a simple recipe -testimony and being a Christian wifeand mother. -Granny shares what she wants and prays for Bodie -how to treat a woman -a strand of string
4. overnight with Poppy -make something together or do a task -Bodie asks Poppy questions about growing up -testimony and being a Christian husband and father. - Poppy shares what he wants and prays for Bodie -campfire talk -a strand of string
4. day with Nanny -make something together or do a task - Nanny teaches him to cook a simple recipe -gives him something symbolic -nanny shares what she wants and prays for Bodie -how to treat a woman -a strand of string
6.Day with Uncle Ari -hike and talk -testimony and being a Christian husband and father. -what he wants and prays for Bodie --a strand of string
7. afternoon with Aunty Kirsty -testimony and being a Christian wifeand mother. -what she wants and prays for Bodie -what she does as a Christian woman and mother. -what qualities she appreciates in Ari -strand of string
8.Day with Uncle Phil -hike, geo cache, laser zone? and talk -testimony and being a Christian husband and father. -what he wants and prays for Bodie --a strand of string
9. Afternoon with Aunty Fiona what she wants and prays for Bodie -testimony and being a Christian wifeand mother. -what qualities she appreciates in Ari --a strand of string
10. Day with Uncle Campbell -talk with examining a car motor! -what he wants and prays for Bodie -a strand of string
11. Day with Uncle Paul -activity (laser zone?) and talk -testimony and being a Christian husband and father. -what he wants and prays for Bodie --a strand of string
12. afternoon with Aunty Robby -testimony and being a Christian wifeand mother. -what she wants and prays for Bodie -what she does as a Christian woman and mother. --a strand of string
13. overnight with Mom!
Ok, I have definitely outstayed my welcome! *hugs*