Mama Chameleon

Tuesday, April 24, 2007



OOOps! Yet again, it's been a while!
We had a very blogworthy event on Sunday that happened to our property but that we were totally unaware of whilst it was in progress. So be on the lookout tomorrow for my post which shall be entitled 'The Smashing Pumpkins! Isn't that the name of a band?
But today I took my little on to have his first official haircut.
Yes, I am sure most of you are gasping. It has been nearly two years and he hasn't had a haircut.
I have snipped at his fringe a couple of times and he hated it, so I thought I would never put a hairdresser through that!
But I just happened to mention this in passing at church. And a lady who was visiting said' You should go to the salon where my daughter works. They have very special chairs for kids there.'
And when she described the chairs, I decided to give the place a ring. (I was glad I did, 'cause they had been briefed I might be calling, and already knew my name!)

So here is a photo montage of what went down at Topsy's first haircut.

Before: just awake and about to leave for the hairdressers.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The 'special chair'!!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Prepped and ready to go!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Ok.... not quite where he thought he was going, but, oh well!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Co-operating...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Holding the spray bottle......
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The consequences of the hairdresser letting him hold the spraybottle!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Nearly done , and still smiling!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Doesn't that look like fun?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
After: front...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

back....
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
and sides.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Side by side before and after! You like?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



And guess what? I got out my wallet, ready to part with half my money for that experience, and the hairdresser said 'No, his first haircut is on us!'

Yee ha!!!

Posted by michelle :: 4:01 pm :: 11 comments links to this post

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------