Mama Chameleon

Thursday, August 10, 2006



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Kenya safari# 10 Wajir
(yet again Photobucket is letting me down so this post is all over the place. sorry!)
With all the kids home sick, I need to go to my happy place today! So while Topsy sleeps and the others languish in their beds ,I want to be transported (in my imaginings) back to Wajir and the Somali tribe.

We only lived in Wajir for a year, but it certainly left an impression on Robby and I.
All my personal Wajir pics are in Mom and Dad's album so I won't be able to embarrass the two of us with them. Drats!

Wajir is up in the northeastern part of Kenya, near the Somali border. Dry, with fine red sand that stings the eye when the wind whips it up, Wajir is hot and remote. We lived there without electricity for six months. So while poor Mom toiled over a metal bucket, hand-washing our dusty red clothes , and poor Dad emptied our toilet bucket manually, Robby and I had the time of our lives!

So come and see Wajir!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




See how red the sand is?


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Outside the town there are the camel wells.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Posted by michelle :: 1:05 pm :: 2 comments links to this post

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------